Who’s in your heart this Christmas?
Leave a special message on the virtual Velindre Christmas Tree and help make a difference to cancer patients in Wales.
Christmas is a special time when we reflect on the year, enjoy time with family and friends, remember loved ones and generally appreciatewhat we have.
So this Christmas, whether you want to remember a loved one, say something special to a family member or friend, say thank you to the staff at Velindre or simply say a general Merry Christmas to everybody, please send us your ‘Heart to Heart’ message which we will display on our virtual Christmas tree and make a donation to Velindre. There is no set amount for the donation, it can be as little or as much as you like, maybe what you would spend on a Christmas card or a meal out? But every penny donated will help us make a difference to the lives of cancer patients andtheir families in Wales.
To make your donation and send in your special message please visit: www.velindrefundraising.com/HeartToHeart
• £5 could fund 30 minutes of a PALS (Patient Liaison Officer) who help and support patients and families through the care system, resolving non-medical problems that can often be the cause of major concern or confusion to patients when visiting the hospital.
• £10 could provide a family with the award-winning Children’s ‘Caring For My Family with Cancer’ story book to help adults explain cancer to children.
• £25 could provide a family with a Memory Box for children to keep special memories of their loved ones.
• £50 could provide a patient with an hour of Complimentary Therapy such as Reiki or massage to help a patient manage their pain or overcome needle phobia during treatment.
• £100 could provide a patient with a Kindle tablet to use during their stay at Velindre.
• £250 could fund 10 hours of a Velindre Cancer Nurse Specialist; they ensure that every patient who goes through the long and often arduous cancer journey, has someone to turn to at their time of need, while providing the highest level of supportive care to patients and their families.
“This charity means so much to our family and is very close to our hearts. As well as others, we have lost our nan and granddad from this horrible disease and without Velindre my mum wouldn’t be here with us now. They have such an amazing team at Velindre, I wish I could thank each one individually.” Lauren HollymanBACK